- Juneteenth – Celebration Of Freedom For Allby Brittany Moore, Brand Contributor on June 18, 2021
I wrote a very honest and passionate letter to the City of Charlotte, along with other business leaders, with a request to honor the life of George Floyd with a special lighting ceremony on Juneteenth displaying the colors of the Pan-African flag, to pay homage to our ancestors who built this cou…
- Appealing Financial Aid In Times Of COVID-19by Abigail Seldin, Contributor on June 16, 2021
During the COVID-19 emergency, SwiftStudent has helped 70,000 students with financial aid appeals, providing both factual information about eligibility and template letters for submission.
- Celebrating Pride With My Chosen Familyby Maddie Boehnlein, Brand Contributor on June 16, 2021
Having lived in a small and conservative suburb, I had no queer friends growing up – at least none who felt safe being openly queer.
- We All Need To Start Somewhereby Highvyn, Brand Contributor on June 14, 2021
As I watched the likes of Pastel and Lackhoney rock the stage, I realized I had a sudden, spontaneous urge to become an artist like them.
- National Vaccine Month Of Action Kick-Offby Kyle Lierman, Civic Nation on June 11, 2021
Vaccinating as many U.S. adults as possible before July 4th will require everyone to pitch in.
- Dear California Colleges & Universities: It’s Time To Get Serious About Votingby Collegiate Institutions Voting In California (CIVIC) Coalition, Brand Contributor on June 11, 2021
Just as young people must demonstrate that civic engagement on campuses is necessary for a healthy republic, colleges should accommodate ballot access on Election Day itself.
- A Goodbye Q&A With Eric Waldoby Eric Waldo, Civic Nation on June 11, 2021
After nearly 14 years working for former President and First Lady Michelle Obama, Reach Higher’s Executive Director, Eric Waldo, is stepping down. Before he left, we sat down with him about Reach Higher’s legacy and what’s next.
- How My School’s Reach Higher Club Changed My Lifeby Michelle Dang, Brand Contributor on May 26, 2021
Inspired by Michelle Obama’s Reach Higher Initiative, NVHS’s Reach Higher Club (RHC) provides every student in our school the opportunity to explore and get answers to their questions about post-secondary options by attending events like career fairs, discussions about college, and monthly meetings.