- Survivor Spaces: Creating A Virtual Community Of Support For Survivors In The Age Of Social Distancingby Tracey Vitchers, Civic Nation on April 2, 2021
At It’s On Us and End Rape On Campus, we saw almost immediately the tangible effects the pandemic was going to have on our student organizers.
- Mental Health: Black Students In Crisisby Jesse Amankwaah, Brand Contributor on April 2, 2021
I tried to attend my virtual course lectures, but I didn’t want my tears to show on camera.
- We Need A Student-Centered Approach In Higher Ed’s Response To The Pandemicby Amber M. Briggs, Civic Nation on March 26, 2021
Last year the Hope Center for College, Community, and Justice released a report on the impact of the pandemic and three in five of the students surveyed were experiencing basic needs insecurity and half were experiencing at least moderate anxiety.
- Conversation With Our 2021 Excellence In College Counseling Winnersby Maddie Boehnlein, Brand Contributor on March 16, 2021
We partnered with Collegewise and Common App to recognize the counseling team at Miami Palmetto Senior High School as our 2021 Excellence in College Counseling winners!
- Five Ways The Department Of Education Can Create A Trauma-Informed, Survivor-Centered Title IX Policyby Tracey Vitchers, Civic Nation on March 8, 2021
As the Biden-Harris administration takes up residence in Washington, student survivors are anxiously waiting for their new Department of Education to follow through on President Biden’s pledge to undo former Secretary of Education Betsy DeVos’s harmful Title IX rule change
- From One Dorm To Another: Navigating The Transfer Journeyby Mya Hemingway, Brand Contributor on February 15, 2021
Oftentimes we find ourselves in a state of confusion on what to do next with our lives.
- The Best Job In The Worldby Barbara Truluck, Brand Contributor on February 5, 2021
During my twelve years as a science teacher, I witnessed students’ levels of stress and anxiety grow each year.
- Every Child Deserves To Be Seen, Safe, And Successfulby Sarah Flier, Brand Contributor on February 4, 2021
For an elementary school counselor – and counselors at all levels for that matter – our current state of the world fuels our passion for what we do.