- Why We Need More Faculty Of Color In Higher Educationby Jacqueline Centeno, Brand Contributor on May 12, 2021
According to the Association of American Colleges & Universities, in 2016 about 73.2% of full-time faculty were white.
- The Community College Revelationby Batanya Gipson, Brand Contributor on May 7, 2021
I went to work at a community college from a historically Black college and university (HBCU) where I advised and developed programs for adult and continuing education students.
- Confronting Campus Sexual Assault Prevention And Fall School Reopenings Head Onby Tracey Vitchers, Civic Nation on April 20, 2021
With the COVID-19 vaccine rollout in full swing, the possibility of students returning to full time, in-person learning in the fall feels imminent.
- Academics, Athletics And Accommodations: Finding Your Right Fitby Max Collins, Brand Contributor on April 19, 2021
Applying to colleges is a stressful, busy time and the pandemic hasn’t made it any simpler for students, especially deaf and hard of hearing students.
- Survivor Spaces: Creating A Virtual Community Of Support For Survivors In The Age Of Social Distancingby Tracey Vitchers, Civic Nation on April 2, 2021
At It’s On Us and End Rape On Campus, we saw almost immediately the tangible effects the pandemic was going to have on our student organizers.
- Mental Health: Black Students In Crisisby Jesse Amankwaah, Brand Contributor on April 2, 2021
I tried to attend my virtual course lectures, but I didn’t want my tears to show on camera.
- We Need A Student-Centered Approach In Higher Ed’s Response To The Pandemicby Amber M. Briggs, Civic Nation on March 26, 2021
Last year the Hope Center for College, Community, and Justice released a report on the impact of the pandemic and three in five of the students surveyed were experiencing basic needs insecurity and half were experiencing at least moderate anxiety.
- Conversation With Our 2021 Excellence In College Counseling Winnersby Maddie Boehnlein, Brand Contributor on March 16, 2021
We partnered with Collegewise and Common App to recognize the counseling team at Miami Palmetto Senior High School as our 2021 Excellence in College Counseling winners!